I didn't have the greatest summer, so I am V happy that this is my last summer favorites post. Bring on September!
Ok this is long cuz I got real rambly!
1. L'Oreal Lash Paradise- Dang. This is real good. I think this may be my new holy grail mascara. I don't really have a favorite and now I do! It beats any of the high end I've tried! I love it!
2. Tarte Amazonian Paaaarrty Blush- I don't use a ton of blush. I have a few and this one is my favorite. I got it from my Sephora birthday gift box and I love that nude pinky tone it has.
3. Old Navy Flip Flops- Best 2 dollars I've ever spent. These bad boys got me through 10 hours at the State Fair... twice.
4. Frickin Taylor Swift- You're all haters. I love her new song. She had a tough year ok! Between Calvin Harris ringing her out to dry, Kanye being Kanye, the sexual assault trial and all the Katy Perry nonsense, I'd be pissed too! Keep em comin' T-Swift, more for me. "look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you look what you did look what you just made me do". JAMMMIN.
5. Gardéin- DAMN. Meatless meat? Yupppp dude. So far we've tried the Chipotle Black Bean Burgers, Orange Chicken and the Crispy Chicken tenders. You guyssss. It's so good. Ever since we watched "What The Health" 2 or so months ago, we've been on a vegetarian/vegan friendly diet 3-4 days a week. We keep continuing to cook up and search the grocery aisles for more vegan friendly foods and honestly we're having so much fun doing it. We don't feel deprived with these new meals and we are feeling our bodies with the best kind of nutrients. I highly recommend laying off all meat a few days a week. The difference is remarkable and you're doing so many good things for the earth!
6. Minnesota State Fair- I just talked about being healthy so lets talk about being not healthy even a little bit. We are fair people. Jake and I love the fair. He was more excited to go through the Blue Ribbon Coupon book than he was when we were on the plane to France. We went the first Friday and were there from 12 pm to 10 pm! We had so much fun. We did so much! We ate all day long, scowered for beer and coffee, did the sky ride, the Ye Ol' Mill, haunted house, met Falen from KDWB, went through the Grandstand, met up with my family and niece, met up with some friends towards the end of the evening in the beer gardens and seriously just had the best time. The state fair is my favorite time of the year! I look forward to it all year long... probably more then Christmas!
7. CalMags- I don't sleep well. I haven't for awhile. I actually met with a personal trainer at Lifetime and we talked a lot about where my weight gain came from. I'm a healthy gal, people. Like real healthy. Im the healthiest person I know. I'm not even just saying that to sound good, I'm dead serious. I go to the gym and hit it hard 4-5 times a week and I eat damn healthy 80% of the time. I gained about 15 pounds when I moved in with Jake and I didn't understand why because I was eating even better and working out more. It all came on in about 2 months and I am not shitting you when I tell you the number has not moved. If I think I lost weight, it comes back in a few days. I haven't gained more since the faithful day I weighed myself last September, but I haven't lost either. Do you know how incredibly frustrating this is?! The trainer then asked me "How's your sleep?" and I actually laughed. Because I don't get any! There are nights where I toss and turn for hours before I fall asleep. I've done it all. Pills, mediation, perscribed things, literally all of it and it all stops working after a few weeks. This is why. This is why I gained the weight and this is why I can't lose it. I started having these issues when moving in with Jake (and NO he isn't the reason, idk what the reason is). My mind just doesn't stop. It's very disheartening that I can't shut my thoughts off. She told me to try Calcium Magnesium Supplements and so far it's working. For how long? Hopefully always. I never realized how important getting 8 hours of sleep religiously every night is. In the last 3 weeks I've had these, all of my clothes are finally lose and I am feeling optimistic again.
I got mine at LifeTime but I linked the cheaper GNC ones.
8. Short Hair! Yup, I did the chop. I actually wanna go a little shorter. I love having short hair. I like to grow it out but it gets to a point where I just can't do anything with it. I feel even more sassy and huge shout to my lovely stylist Tiffany who has been choppin me up for like 7 years now! I seriously recommend, she is lovely! Insta: tiffatthesalon
9. Express Jeans- I totes forgot about Express. They have some really great basic pieces and I really scored with some black jeans and destructed fashion jeans. Raw hem jeans, actually. I feel so trendy now. Throw some slip on mules on me and I'm practically the definition of fashion (plz not sarcasm). These jeans fit like a glove and I can't wait to go back and try some tops on and find some really nice workwear.
10. Raw Sugar Body Wash- At first, I didn't really care for this. I thought it was drying out my skin really bad, but after about a week it settled and now its always soft and free of any random body acne that I sometimes get on my chest. I love this stuff! I love the Coconut Mango and the Vanilla Sugar scents. I haven't grabbed lemon yet because that's weird to me.
Thats it for this month! Cant wait to do my September favorites. I have a feeling its going to be a lot of pumpkin crap! :P Tata for now!